|4201 Bladensburg Road, Colmar Manor
Originally Tony Bresnahan's Tavern. It changed it's name in 1951
to the Surf Club. Jimmy Dean Played the Surf Club Regularly.
The building at this location is new but the location is approximately
Strick's 3211 Branch Avenue in Silver Hill
Built in 1937. Strick's was purchased in 1954 by Giles Fletcher. The club featured live music 7 days a week. Some
of the performers included The Cactus Matt Trio, the PIrateers, the Sunset Ramblers, Frankie Robinson, Dub
Howington, Tiny Jenkins, Reds Goatee, Andy Gardner, and Jimmy Dean and the Texas Wildcats with Roy Clark.
Every Sunday From March 1955 to September 1955 Stricks featured Bill Peer and his Melody Boys, featuring
By February 1956 the club was featuring Rock and Roll acts. through out the reat of the 1950's they featured such
acts as The Three of Us Trio, the Naturals on week nights and Jam sessions with Roy Clark and the Stardusters
and Charlie Daniels and the Jaguars.
In the middle 60's Strick's featured such bands as the Take Five Combo (with Danny Gatton) and Link Wray and
To Be Continued......
|Legendary Prince George's County
Night Clubs (con't)
Bill Peer and His Melody Boys Featuring Patsy Cline on vocals. Picture taken in
Winchester Va at the WEPM radio station. Band Members from left to right: Junior
Poole, Jim Brant, Bill Peer, Lawrence Thompson, Bobby Carper, Patsy Cline (At the
time this picture was taken she was still Patsy Hensley).